Skip to main content

Betty Rosser (not verified)

September 12, 2021

My family and I knew Renee when she worked at Numerous Uno in El Toro CA. She was such a sweet girl and a lot of fun to be with. We have good memories.

Posted by Betty Rosser

Add new Guest Book entry

Restricted HTML

  • You can align images (data-align="center"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • You can caption images (data-caption="Text"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".

Guestbook comments are held until moderator approval.

In addition to this Guestbook post, if you are a family or friend of this victim, we welcome you to contribute photographs, documents, or stories to this Living Memorial page. To do so, complete this submission form . Your content will be reviewed by our team, and a staff member will reach out to you at your convenience.

Place of Residence:
Baltimore, MD
Location on 9/11:
American Airlines | Flight Attendant

Renee was born in Buffalo but grew up in California and graduated from San Diego State University with an English degree. Her parents and brothers still live out West. She loved to travel and had flown with American since 1986. She loved art and worked as a docent at the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, not far from the 150-year-old row house she shared with her cat, Cheyenne, in the city's Federal Hill section.

She especially enjoyed giving museum tours to young visitors. "She was blessed with a sweet voice," Spivock recalled yesterday. "All children loved to be with her."

The Dulles-Los Angeles flight was her regular route. "She was a strong woman, and she always emphasized that she was a safety professional, and that's why was she was there," he said. But after 15 years in the air, May was planning to quit. Even the usual risks of flying had begun to wear.

"It worried her a lot. It worried me, too," Spivock said. He was talking, of course, about more mundane possibilities such as storms or engine problems.

"She had beautiful blue eyes. She was just so alive.... She was the nicest person I [have] ever met."

Source: The Washington Post, AP and