Skip to main content

Add new Guest Book entry

Restricted HTML

  • You can align images (data-align="center"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • You can caption images (data-caption="Text"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or, if JavaScript is enabled, replaced with a spam resistent clickable link. Email addresses will get the default web form unless specified. If replacement text (a persons name) is required a webform is also required. Separate each part with the "|" pipe symbol. Replace spaces in names with "_".

Guestbook comments are held until moderator approval.

In addition to this Guestbook post, if you are a family or friend of this victim, we welcome you to contribute photographs, documents, or stories to this Living Memorial page. To do so, complete this submission form . Your content will be reviewed by our team, and a staff member will reach out to you at your convenience.

Place of Residence:
Rockville Centre, NY
Location on 9/11:
Cantor Fitzgerald | Government Bond Trader
Hobbies and Special Interests:
Antique Toy Collector

Peter Victor Genco, 36, of Rockville Centre was a bond trader at Cantor Fitzgerald who worked on the 104th floor of the north tower. His remains were recovered a month later.

The Sunday of Sept. 9, 2001, Peter Genco had taken his newborn daughter to St. Agnes Cathedral in Rockville Centre to be christened. This would mark his last Sunday with his family.

A decade after his death, Genco's two daughters seem to have inherited his athleticism - he was a runner, tennis player, a golfer. Now, older daughter Annalisa, 12, plays many sports. Victoria, 10, is a dancer.

"I don't have my life partner," his wife, Diane Genco, said. "My children are missing a big part of their life. They miss out on opportunities and things because he is not here."

Each weekday, Peter Genco used to catch the 6:33 a.m. Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station. Just before 7:30, he was in the office where he had worked for about six years.

When the first plane hit just a few floors below, he called his wife and told her about "smoking fire" in the floor, but said that everything was fine.

"I'll call you when I get out," he said. But she never heard from him again.

"I never thought it was that serious," said his wife, who was at home watching "Clifford the Big Red Dog" with Annalisa. "He never wanted me to believe there was no way out" of the building.

Peter Genco enjoyed staying at home, relaxing or helping the family when he was not working, his wife said. The couple had an antiques business, and traveled to New England regularly to buy antique toys they would later sell.

In the summertime, he loved to go to Long Beach, where he often brought Annalisa. Today, a memorial bench stands on the boardwalk there in Peter Genco's name. - Ibrahim Hirsi